Saturday, June 22, 2013

Home alone

Well, here I am, all alone. I am rarely by myself. I can do anything I want, so what do I do? Housework. Just to pass the time until the yard dries out a bit. The sun is shining but there are clouds in the west, so I suppose we'll get more rain later on.
When I drove Geoff to the airport on Thursday morning traffic on Hwy 2 going south was backed right to the overpass to the airport. Driving back to Rocky there were times I couldn't see the vehicles in front of me, the rain was coming down so hard. As I drove north it improved quite a bit, although the rain never stopped.

Anne has got through her surgery successfully and says she is so happy to have her dad there to nurse her. Going by the comments on Facebook the nurses in the family wouldn't be overly compassionate so the right person is there.

I was really worried about Geoff driving from the airport in Newark to New Haven. So was he but he said once he was driving it was fine. The GPS led him astray a couple of times, at one point he found himself going towards Manhatten. That is not a place for tourists to be driving.

Anne's life is crazy. No sooner had we told her that Geoff's flight was booked she got word that she was accepted to a summer school course in Bangor. If Geoff hadn't been coming she could have postponed the surgery until after. Her doctor said flying would not be ideal but if she was sure to be on her feet on the plane, it would probably be ok. She decided to go and her supervisor is going to take care of some of the costs. So she will be able to see her fiancé for a weekend. Plus learn something interesting for work.

Got an email from Mom about Robstock. I think what we will do is let Brenda know that we will drive down just for Saturday and leave in the afternoon, depending on the status of our ... I mean Tim and Courtney's baby. Then she won't need to count us for meals and we can have a visit. I want to meet those twinnies.
Poor Geoff, a week without Booboo.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, it's true, don't look to nurses in your family for sympathy.
Richard would agree wholeheartedly with that comment.
Ack, Geoff drove in NYC!! (well, awfully close to it) Brave!!!!!!

4:32 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Why would you do housework when you have cable?

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home