Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Sam and Nancy

This seems to be the time for vacations!  Sam and Nancy are here visiting me for a few days.  They took the train through the mountains from Edmonton, spent a few days in Vancouver, and got here yesterday.  They seem to be having fun  - went whale watching today, and have had (courtesy of my encyclopedic knowledge of restaurants in Victoria) some very good meals.  I asked Sam if he wanted to say anything for the blog and he just looked at me.  He might post later.

We have hired a new rector for St. Luke's!  It's a priest who is currently in Ladysmith.  He's nice, and will do well I think.  I'm done here at the end of June, but have not heard what will come next.  I really am getting impatient, but I know that the Bishop hasn't forgotten me.  One good thing that I'm looking forward to is Surf Camp!  The Diocese used to have a summer camp, but we can't use it at the moment, owing to several decades of neglect.  So, we have to do camps elsewhere, and one this year is a learn to surf camp.  They asked me to be the chaplain, so I explained that I'm from the prairies, and don't really trust the ocean (too many things live in it).  Apparently trusting the ocean is not a requirement, so I'm set to be the chaplain for the camp in the first week of July!  I have never surfed, but have always wanted to learn.
 As you can see, I surprised Sam in a smile.  I felt quite proud of myself.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Well, I'm glad you posted about their visit, since Sam probably won't. He didn't even take pictures on his holiday.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home