Monday, April 29, 2013

Passport-ugh

I lost my passport.
I said to Richard, 'how does this happen? I don't lose things'
Apparently I do.
Initially, I thought, 'oh it'll be in this piece of luggage. Or this one. Or in the car'
No.
Went through everything we brought a few times over, and searched car. I started to feel sick. Called motels we have been at. No luck.
Then called passport Canada. I didn't cancel it, just in case it miraculously appears, as the passport guy said I don't have to until I go to passport office for new one.
We went for breakfast and made a plan to drive back home to pick up birth certificate and Mom. Mom and I drive to Surrey where there is 24 hour passport service on Tuesday. Get passport application in Wed. Maybe visit Mom's friend Noreen. Pick up passport Thurs. Back home to catch flight to New York sat.
Passport guy also said that it shouldn't be an issue to get over border back into Canada. 
Good news is that I discovered it today, rather than later in week, when would not be able to get passport in time.
Last time I saw it was in California in motel room. Would someone from motel have taken it? What would you do with a passport in someone else's name?
Richard has been very good about reassuring me.

ON another note, bought some beautiful, beautiful wool to make socks! Another pair as I am enjoying making these ones a lot. It is Corvid colour, by an Oregon company.

I will have something to do while waiting at passport office since I am almost finished this pair.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

What a terrible thing you losing your passport, that would be a horrible feeling. good luck in getting a new one. The wool looks beautiful

6:36 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I want to buy stuff from tat website.

7:56 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I highly recomment it

6:46 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Richard here.

Lisa called this morning after leaving the Passport office. She got all her paperwork in and will be able to pick up her new Passport on Friday... just in time!Lisa and Beth are staying at Noreen's until then.

Looks like the next couple of days here in Kelowna will be nice.. Daily highs of 22 degrees for the next 3 days. Will likely head to Jones today or tomorrow as there is much weeding to be done.

Richard

9:21 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

There is always much weeding at Jones.

11:42 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

true that.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home