Monday, April 29, 2013

Cannon Beach

We drove here yesterday from Gold Beach. I found a good deal for the Lands End. Richard was hesitant due to finding it on-line as he likes just getting to a place and finding something, but it is really nice! Painted in soothing ocean tones with a hint of colour, like Martha Stewart paints. Plus a jacuzzi tub.
Cannon Beach is definitely different than other places we have been. I think full of artistes. Apparently the town allows people to finish their houses however they'd like, but it is all done tastefully in shingles.
It is a good town to be a tourist in, but as Richard said, 'how do people live here?'. I think there must be a gas station somewhere.
We are staying here 2 nights-we'll poke around today and look in the shops. It is raining, which surprisingly is the 1st time since we started. Though as I write this it is getting lighter out, so might have some more sun.
We might make our last stop at Harrison Hot Springs, haven't decided for sure yet. Richard has to be at work for Friday and I need to prep for next trip.
It seems like I have been on vacation for longer than a week right now-which is a good feeling. I don't think I will quit my job yet, though the idea of being able to vacation and sleep in anytime is appealing!

3 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Did you go to the wool shop in Cannon Beach?

2:56 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Oh yes! See above post :)

6:46 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Although i think it is funny that I spend more money on wool etc., than it would be to buy a nice pair of socks! Though not as nice as that wool :)

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home