Wednesday, March 27, 2013

travel

I always forget to check the blog unless someone reminds me. Usually Steph, who will call to tell me what is up with my family. Anyway, I am very excited about the upcoming Badgers influx and even more excited about heading to the UK tomorrow (although kinda stressed - I am going to try and take transit to the airport, after my horrible experience with the shuttle last time. I hope it works out).

I will get in early on Good Friday and Del is picking me up at the airport - at 6.30am! Now that is a good fiance. Then we will head to London on the weekend (Here is Del's idea of the best thing to do on Sunday!) and I will work from "home" next week. My supervisor didn't seem thrilled with the idea, but I've got big plans to get a bunch of writing done and hopefully some data analysis, so hopefully that make him more likely to approve this sort of thing!

Then the week after we go to Belfast and north. Have a look at the hostel Del's uni friends have booked! Looks amazing... can't wait. We fly back to Birmingham on the Monday and then I fly out Tuesday morning. We are planning to go visit Granny and Liam and Frances as well. Luckily N. Ireland is small, because the hostel is way on the North coast.

I'm a little nervous about how long things will take in the airport with this sequestration thing, but fingers crossed all will go well...

Not much else new. Work is going decently well. Having trouble getting enough participants in and my primary analysis technique is not working out, but have found a bunch of other stuff I can try in order to hopefully pump out a few more publications this year. We'll see. Everything goes SO slow. But it will be nice to get away and see Del for a bit, and then exciting company in May!

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Now I feel pressure to be exciting company.

Say hi to Frances and Liam for us. I wonder if they still have snow there.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Will do! Will be nice to see them and I LOVE Del's Granny. I danced with her a lot at Emma's wedding.

4:37 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Say hello from me too. What goat will you be rooting for?

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Scott said...

That hostel looks incredible! I'll have to try pulling a Steph and get Grace to come out of her blogging shell.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Attending a goat race is an excellent way to spend a Sunday.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home