Thursday, March 07, 2013

kitchen

Here are before and during pictures. Right now, I wonder if there will ever be an after one. Because this is a long process, when the guy in the video did it, it looked so much faster. It's not difficult, just time-consuming because we have so many cupboards and there is drying time to consider after each step. And the longer it takes the more doubts I have about how it will look. I do see that there is going to have to be other painting once this is done because some things do not look right with this colour of cupboard. Also my imperfectionism is coming into play. I keep thinking "This is good enough," then have to stop and consider whether I would get annoyed at myself every time I looked at the spot that wasn't quite right. Then I sigh and do it properly. Even so, anyone who delights in the mistakes of others will have to come and have a look, I'm sure they will feel quite happy to see my messes. Geoff is being a trooper, especially because he didn't really get why we are doing this.

7 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

I love your new looking open kitchen.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

I can see where Dad is coming from on this one.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

In my defence it will look better with the doors on.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

So what is the finished product going to be? A darker-looking wood, yes? I have to repaint my cupboards sometime -- maybe this year. You will probably want to use your cupboard expertise by doing mine, rather than letting it go to waste.

2:19 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Allsion you always want to help.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I'm pretty awesome that way.

"I wonder how everyone else will make this work for me?"

8:45 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Big I, little u

Everyone I tell that to, loves it.

Thank you Mom and Dad!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home