Sunday, March 24, 2013

Nothing as exciting

as new cupboards, weddings or babies, but I did have a lot going on last week.

Tuesday night I had supper with some friends, who are going on a river cruise from Paris to Prague, and wondered if I would be interested in going along.  They left me a brochure, and it sure looks cool, I thing I might be tempted.

Wednesday night Jim arrived, I greeted him, and promptly said goodbye, as I was on my way to see the Oilers play San Jose. My team lost, though it was exciting, It went to a shoot out, at least they got one point.

Thursday, Laura was supposed to be in at 8 in the morning, but had a phone call to say the flight was cancelled so she would be coming in around 4.  Jim and I visited, for awhile, then I braved the snow, and went out to get some new printer ink, so I could secure an apartment for our trip to NYC.  It just kept snowing and snowing all day.  Around 3:30 we jumped in Jim's truck and headed out to the airport, it was still snowing and we saw so many vehicles in the ditch.  But we made it to the airport before Laura's plane landed so all was good.  A bit of a delay in the baggage getting there, but finally all in the truck going back to my place.  Once got here we would have just enough time to eat supper and leave for Rexall and Bob Seger, but he cancelled.  We spent the evening listening to the remastered Live Bob Seger album.  Not quite the same as the real thing, but you gotta make do.

Friday we headed to the deDutch for pancakes and to meet Allison for breakfast.  After breakfast, Laura, Jim and I walked to the Store and them Jim left us there and headed for Red Deer.  Laura did some shopping and came out with some good buys.  When we got home, I continued my search for the NY apartment, and think I have one, sent a wire transfer with the deposit Friday afternoon.  Laura and I shopped a bit more, had supper at Doans, and came home and watched Zero Dark Thirty on TV.

Saturday Allison came over with pastries from the Italian Market, and we had some coffee.  She drove Laura to the airport and I tried to print the tickets for the Matinee performance of Billy Elliott.  No internet connection (damn Telus).  I was starting to panic, then thought I could go downtown to the ticket master outlet and get them to print them for me.  No luck, I no longer have the credit card I charged them to (decided to give up my amex card at the end of Feb) and I did not have the order number.  waaaa, In the end the wonderful person at Tix on The Square, let me connect on the internet, to Ticketmaster and print them, life saver.  then hop on the train and meet my friend Karen for the performance.  The show was fantastic, highly recommend it.

Bob Seger has rescheduled for May 11, the day we all get back from NYC.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Your post seemed pretty exciting to me!
I was sorry to hear about Bob Seger. You will have busy day when you get back!

1:37 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Can't wait to see you guys! The Badgers are on the move.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home