Monday, March 11, 2013

More Kane, please

There's not much new out on the West Coast.  I've been busy getting ready for Easter at work.  I don't think I posted here about my new floors, which is the most exciting thing since Christmas.  A few weeks ago the buildings and grounds team was going to replace my living room carpet.  I was happy about this, as the carpet that I've been living with for over a year was covered in glue from old pieces of tape that someone had used to secure cords.  So they were in here ripping up the carpet (to Patches' horror) and underneath the carpet was really beautiful hardwood floors!  The floors were pine, probably from the forties when this place was build, and didn't look like they had ever been refinished.  As soon as I saw those, I told them to forget the carpet!  We hired a guy to come in and refinish the floors and they look great.  I had to move out for a week, since you can't walk across the half refinished floors.  I went to Jeff and Kirsten's, and I sent Patches to another friend's place, where she apparently spent the week hiding under the bed.  We were both glad to move back into the cottage, though she seems less taken with the new floors than I am! 

I'm really just posting to ask for more videos of Kane.  I've watched the one of him colouring over and over again, but it's time for something new. Mom and Dad and Jude- I'm sure all of you have tons of videos!

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Patches needs to skid across the hardwood floors, and she will realize how fun it is. Although wood is not optimal for sharpening her claws.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Jude, post the bath video.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Will said...

She does skid across the floors chasing the laser pointer. She doesn't seem to enjoy it, based on how she sulks in the entry afterwards

8:44 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Post a video of Patches on your new floor!

9:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home