Sunday, March 17, 2013

Garden and Other Inconsequential Things

Not that there is much new but thought I'd write a little note anyway.
We went to the Greenery and bought pansies and primulas to plant. It was cold today (well, not compared to AB, but it had been 14 here, so 8 felt cold). Got them all planted.
Then took down Christmas lights.
We have some little daffodils blooming right now.
Also did housecleaning. A productive Sunday.

I am excited about April and May-not only trip to Oregon with RW, but also trip to New York. Flights look cheap. 600 return! Richard and I want to get to the Redwoods.

My course is almost done- we hand in paper on Tuesday and do presentation. Person who wanted to do all the editing sent it out, and I reedited. I can't help it. People use extra words. Less is more with words, I have found.

Did I mention I submitted a paper to journal? Prof for course last winter and I did it. It was my paper for her course, she did the abstract and reviewed it. No idea whether it would be accepted or not, but going through process was good.

I had 3 people all lined up for my thesis committee, and then 1 prof left university and is now working at UVic-she says she is still happy to sit on committee-which is good-she is excellent. Other prof now says she can't do it. I need another person-so am waiting to hear back from the master's program-I need 3rd member. And I don't want a drip.

Clem sat onc ouch with me the other day! After 10 years, she finally accepts me!



2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Perhaps Clem would also sit on the committee. She's not a drip.

8:17 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I think that is a great thought.
She would also give me lots of constructive feedback.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home