Saturday, January 12, 2013

Mom, I forgot to mention before that Anne tried our wedding dress on while she was here. Apparently her shoulders are broader than ours; apart from that it fit quite well and looks good on her. Thinking of a way to get it altered. Grace gave me two tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters for Christmas. The game was this Wednesday so we made a quick trip into the city. Grace and I really enjoyed it. We were extra excited because Flight Time who was on the Amazing Race a few seasons ago was playing. We haven't seen Kane for quite a while so were happy to have him come over for a bit today. He is even cuter and smarter than ever. And he definitely calls me Baba. Geoff has a couple of lines for work and now has to decide if he actually wants to do it. Have been sorting out downstairs and have cleared out a lot of stuff. Maybe the dreams I have been having about being in a huge house with all kinds of hidden rooms will subside.

8 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Three generations of that dress!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Also, that is a yucky recurring dream.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

The dress is great. Grandma, you had excellent taste. But man that tulle stuff is scratchy! Either it's gotten worse over the years or you and mom were very very tough.

7:43 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I think Mom and Theresa are tough. But also the tulle is scratchy, is my recollection from trying it on when I was 7. :)
That would be so great if you were able to wear it!

9:47 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

One of my gross recurring dreams is being hunted by a a serial killer in a huge house.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Mine is going on a trip, and it is time to leave and I have not packed.

11:20 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

It would really be nice if Anne could wear the dress if she wants to - maybe a good dressmaker could alter the shoulders if she could stand the itch- the younger generation may not be as tough as us. We are having a cold snap here - its ok but very icy on the roads. I thought your dream was of a small perfect house, but then there is all that stuff and family coming to visit - decisions, decisions

11:24 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

My dream is a small perfect house. My nightmare is a huge house full of stuff and room after room.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home