Sunday, January 13, 2013

New Years Resolutions

Is everyone's NYR to update the blog more?  We have not seen so much updating in a long time.  Mine is to scan all my pictures, that gives much more choice when it comes to loading birthday pics.

Back in the swing of things, going to work.  I have a new convert to the store, Jovita came and bought a new dress.  I had breakfast with Grace and Jovita at the De Dutch, they have opened downtown and it was fantastic.  I really recommend the perogie pannekoeke, bacon, hashbrowns, cheddar cheese and sour cream, how can it miss?

Last weekend Anne, Del, Grace and I went over to visit George and Kay.  It was a really good visit, G&K liked Del and vice versa.  Kay was very impressed with Del's wonderful red hair.  Deanna's son Nathan got engaged to his girlfriend Lauren over the holidays, so a wedding for the other Sivaks in 2014.  they have already booked the Jasper Park Lodge for August 2014 for the wedding.  Haley's boyfriend has applied for Canadian citizenship.


Anne stayed over on the night before she was leaving for her horrible trip home.  I borrowed the car from Grace, and got up to drive her to the airport, for an 8:00 am flight.  After I read her blog about the  trip home, I was glad that at least the start of it was uneventful.  On my way back to the city, I realized I did not have Grace's address with me, I was just going to drop the car at her place, so I picked a spot in what I thought was the general area of her place, then sent a note to her telling her where I left the car.  Turns out I was just about smack dab in front of her place, glad she did not have to search all of McKernan for the car.

We were supposed to have the first S&B for 2013 today, but Diane is fighting a cold, and the rest of us decided that we did not want to risk catching one so it is postponed until Feb.

Now that the lockout is over I have to decide what to do about my Oiler tickets, right now I am leaning towards cashing them in because I am still disgusted by the behavior of the owners and players.  Supposed to get an email today with some more info on what my options are, so I guess I will see what they have to say before I make my final decision.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home