Saturday, January 05, 2013

So long, holidays

I got back on Thursday night, and found out that all sorts of things had happened while I was away.  We have been working at implementing screening procedures for volunteers, as well as job descriptions for volunteers, criminal record checks, and all those things so that our vulnerable popuations will be as safe as possible.  Some parishes have been dragging their feet on this, and St. Luke's didn't meet the Dec 31 deadline the Bishop sent.  So, I came home to a very pointed letter - a copy to me, and a copy to the parish - telling us to get our rears in gear (not the technical language) or the Bishop would suspend operations at the parish, including worship.  We have a lot done, but have quite a bit yet to do.  We now have til the end of January.  I gather we were far from the only church to recieve a letter like this, and it did sent a bit of a shockwave through the place. 

In addition to that, there are the usual parish things that I came back to - a couple deaths, some missing readers for Sunday.  Tonight I went to a parishioner's house for Armenian Christmas, which was great.  Armenian food is a lot like Greek food, and is very good.

The cat was very glad to see me home, and has hardly left me alone since I've been back.  She is currently sitting on my arms as I try to type.  I've heard that cats purring is a natural healing method, so maybe this will help with the cold dad gave me!

Home was great!  It was nice to surprise mom and dad and Jude, and great to see everyone.  Last time I saw Del I had my Barkerville beard, so I thought it was good to reassure him I look normalish most of the time.

6 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Please post picture of cat!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Oh boy cousins for nick and sabastian

1:49 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, they are always to have new fur relatives

9:17 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

and Petra and Magda and Clem

6:26 AM  
Blogger Anne said...

You should try that natural healing method on Dad and see how it goes.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Geoff's so-called "allergies" are likely just his negative energy manifesting into physical symptoms.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home