Friday, October 05, 2012

Walk, walk, walk

We have been doing a lot of walking. I was a bit worried about this before the trip but not concerned enough to try to get out walking at home in preparation. Turns out it is fine, my knees don't hurt any more than usual. Anne arrived on Wed. for a couple of days and we went to Regent Street to shop for some professional clothes for her, as that's Mom's gift to her for finally being finished school. We went to Austin Reed, a posh shop, and had a lot of fun watching Anne try on many suits, one of which she chose, along with a dress. We went to Handel's house, the house he lived in when he lived here. He also wrote Messiah there and died there. It was a little disconcerting to see plaque about Jimmie Hendrix on the building and a little exhibit about him. Apparently he lived in the same house. Much later. Checked out the shops and stalls on Portobello Road, some very cool things. Our apartment is very nice. Lots of room and comfortable. Much nicer than a hotel. Went to see Cabaret at the theatre last night. I just love the theatre, it's so exciting just walking in, never mind the actual presentation. My only regret so far is my lack of directional sense. Jude and Geoff are so good at reading a map and knowing which direction to go, snc I am just clueless. I think I could do it if I had to, but I have to concentrate very hard and it takes a long time. Even with their great instincts we have gone off the wrong way a few times.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Steph said...

As long as it doesn't result in missing planes or getting mugged, wandering around clueless is sometimes a nice way to see unexpected bits of a place. For a while, anyways.

Glad you're having a good time. Terribly envious!

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home