Friday, August 31, 2012

Orlando

I get to go to Orlando for a work conference in December!
There was a draw, and Jana put my name in. I thought she was joking when she told me I won. I didn't even know they were having one!
It is on quality patient care, and I think I will bring Richard and we can go to Disney World after!
the conference is really big-I think about 6,000-and a great number of sessions to choose from. It runs Dec 9-12.
I'm excited, the farthest I have traveled for work is Vancouver-and that was traveling down in an ambulance accompanying a patient, then turning around and traveling right back.
I guess when I worked for lifestyle equity I got to also go to Vancouver with one of the people for a concert-but when you are doing that sort of thing vs a conference it is quite different.
I had just been saying to Richard that we should go somewhere warm for vacation this winter-he was reluctant as usual when the subject of vacation comes up.
But then this falls into my lap-makes it much more difficult for him to say no :) Hurrah! Although he is still not committing to it. If it were me, I would have leaped on the opportunity if it was him going. I think it is being raised by hard-working Protestant Dutch immigrants.

We went camping last weekend-had a lovely time-it was nice and warm and sunny. sat on beach, I read a scary Icelandic novel that Jude left here. Richard did sudoku.
We are going to Nakusp this weekend and sitting in hotsprings. Leaving after Richard gets off work tomorrow.
Grace and cousin Scott were here on their way to Victoria. Mom made supper, and then they left the next am-Grace has not been here since Mom moved! Scott is a very nice man. I am afraid that I chattered too much though and possibly overwhelmed him. Grace is used to me.
Will was here last week and we had a good chat with him too. Hr makes me laugh.


5 Comments:

Blogger Scott said...

I wasn't overwhelmed in the slightest, I could chat for hours! haha, Thanks again for the lovely hospitality!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Between Lisa and Grace I don't see how Scott could have got a word in.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Richard, think about this. Two people to Florida for the price of one. That should appeal to your thrifty side. Start working on Deborah right away.

3:44 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I'm glad Scott, I thought perhaps I came across as a bit manic.

5:39 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

If Richard decides not to go, I will ome and keep you company Lisa.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home