Sunday, September 09, 2012

Another Busy Week

Last weekend I visited Rocky which as always was a lot of fun.  I took the bus to Red Deer and G&T picked me up.  We had lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant downtown, I had the vermicelli noodles which are my favorite.  After lunch we met Courtney at Winners and transferred the car seat to the Escape and had the pleasure of Kane's company at G&T's for a sleepover.  What a busy boy.  And he seems to like me, so I was pleased.  On Sunday Courtney came over to pick up her boy, and we had a nice visit.  Sunday night Kane came over for another sleepover.  It sure brings back memories of the nieces and nephews.  Geoff drove me to the bus on Monday afternoon to come home.  I got the call from cousin Bob around 8:30 to let me know that Stan has passed.  Not really a surprise but still I felt kind of shocked that it had happened so quickly.  Fred came into town on Tuesday to give Bob a hand with things (Bob is the executor) and he stayed with me which was a real treat, having Uncle Fred to myself.  On Wednesday we went to the funeral home to make the arrangements, Stan had left some instructions on what he would like for a service etc, so that was good.  Bob had to work so he got to the funeral home just in time to sign the papers on the financial stuff.  Allison came over for supper and the three of us (Fred, Al and me) had a visit, talked about Stan.  Thursday morning I went off to work, Fred was going to meet with the officiant at the service and over to the bank with Bob, then head home.

Today is the first S&B for the 2012/2013 season, and I am looking forward to catching up with everyone.  Donna will not be there as she is a vacation to Russia. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Kane loves Auntie Jude. They share a love of shoes. He also likes Uncle Will and Auntie Grace.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home