Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The news.

So, I got the notification that work has approved me for 75% of my salary for the next year while I work on my project. I need to do a few things to prove that I did some work and apply my findings to some staff professional development...all very doable. Amazing! AMAZING. I feel like I won a lottery.  Only 3 more months and then I'm free!

We had a lunch this week for a volunteer award the prison group nominated ourselves for. We didn't win the cash prizes, but maybe a line on some CD donations from a radio station that's moving sites, and a free lunch: chicken with very tasty gravy. The organizations that won do big things like school lunch programs and sexual assault counselling, so they really were much bigger than we were. But I felt a bit bummed, still. I don't believe in that "we're all winners" stuff.

I'm now coordinating the memos for the prison, volunteer clearances, and making sure the right names are on the right lists to come in. I think I messed up already and now have to let one new volunteer know that she may not be able to come in this weekend. Ugh. At least I can cover for her, though.

My exams for PhD are the same time as Lisa and Judith's trip to Orlando, so no go. Wahhhh. But maybe a hot-weather vacation next year, sometime. The other night Mirko suggested that I write an email to the national library of Peru and see if they'll let me volunteer there for a few days, or weeks. Then he said I could stay with his parents. He has this all planned out. He dictated the email, I typed it, and he corrected it. Crazier things have happened.

We won't be subdividing the condo for another year. Time seemed to be running out and we were not sure if there would be an issue with no on-site parking, so we just extended the mortgage for one year at a good rate. All the same to me, really. It's fairly complex -- it might involve a private lender covering us for a short period of time while all the subdivision paperwork gets in order and approved by various bodies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

That's some pretty big news. You can enjoy a lifestyle like your retired sister.

7:03 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

75 % pay = awesome

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home