Tuesday, October 02, 2012

A grand day out

Today was War Day. We got going earlier than usual and walked through Hyde Park to the Churchill War Rooms. It's where Churchill and his people directed the war and was absolutely fascinating. When the war ended they just walked away and left most of it all so the stuff there was authentic. Then another walk to the Imperial War Museum. There were a couple of really good exhibits there - one was called the Blitz Experience where you went to a "shelter" during an air raid. The other one was about a real family and their loves during the war.
Jude and I had tickets to see Warhorse but Geoff didn't want to go so we parted ways. The play was fantastic, about a horse during the First World War. We were a bit late due to getting a little lost after the museum but didn't miss much.

Jude and Geoff are amazing at keeping us on track, if it were up to me I still wouldn't have got past the end of the street.

Our place is really nice and on a quiet street.

We are still marveling at meeting someone from Rocky at church. Will, I think she went out with Adam Wahl on high school. She kind of remembered you but definitely remembered Tim.

Despite my hopelessness at directions two people have asked me for help. And I was able to help them both!

5 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I went to the Blitz experience when I was at the Imperial War Museum. It was great!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Your vacation sounds lovely. Do you meet Anne in Oxford today?

I bet the V&A gift shop is the best ever. Someone told me that if I go to New York, I should go to the MOMA gift shop. If I don't have time for museum and gift shop both, to choose gift shop.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Anne joined us in London today for a couple of days. We never miss a gift shop.

11:27 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I would bet Geoff is still in the gift shop.

6:24 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I so want to go to the Blitz experience.
Growing up, I identified with British children more than North American ones.

6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home