Saturday, July 14, 2012

Essay Avoidance

I am working on this damn essay right now, almost done, and trying to think of ethical issues related to the treatment of people with Borderline Personality Disorder in a soco-political context and how nurses can address those issues.
At this point-who cares? Not me. Still I will have to churn out my final 2 pages, hating it.
The prof is relentlessly positive while telling us on-line, Onward! And cheerfully pointing out to those who must have requested (I was not one of them) an essay extension, that the course is compressed and they will take this into consideration when marking.
Oh really? My 1st essay begs to differ.
I think this course has led to me to feel that nurses need to stop blaming others for their work environment, put on their big girl panties and deal with it.
I don't think that was in the goals for the course.

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Lisa, you were thinking that already.

6:43 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I have a similar condition - housework avoidance.

8:00 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Yes, I was thinking that already-true. the course solidified it though.

Doing an essay will sometimes lead to me doing housework, which is a small benefit though. I wonder when I start my thesis if my house will be sparkling clean? Or will I not have energy to clean and will instead just troll the internet too much?

11:56 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Reading about zombies.

3:54 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

who *doesn't* like reading about zombies?

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home