Sunday, June 03, 2012

This first picture is of what I'm doing in the front yard. I want to get rid of grass, it's good for practically nothing. Doesn't even look good unless you pour on the fertilizer and herbicides. So I will get this corner started and see what I want to do next. The second one is the back yard. I mainly posted these because Jude wanted to see how things are.
Things are looking really good out there. For some reason  I was able to get a head start, possibly because it didn't snow much in April and May. Most of the vegetables are up.
Grace is at work and Geoff is over helping Tim with his new deck so I sat around in the yard and read most of the afternoon, getting up to pull a week or two once in a while. It's supposed to rain most of the week so I got all the flower containers planted and things cleaned up yesterday and today.

Got to babysit last night. Tim and Courtney went to his 10-year high school reunion. I can hardly believe I have three kids who have been to their 10-year reunions. Anyway, had a good time with Kane. He is so cute. He does this thing where he puts the TV remote up to his ear and says, "H, h, h..." Tim laughed at me but I know he trying to say "Hi." I guess I did an OK job because they have booked me for a Saturday in a few weeks when they have a wedding to go to. I am quite happy watching that little guy play. Babies are amazing. Anne, if you had one think of all the neuro development you could observe. You would just have to train a baby to keep still for an fMRI.

Courtney has been busy in Tim's flowerbeds and they look very good. Tim rototilled up the garden spot and is going to seed half of it to grass, the other half is planted with vegetables.

Had a good but short visit with Anne last week. She had to get back to Guelph because she has an MRI scheduled for her knee. Her thesis defence is this month and she has a job interview in early July. Hope it works out, it would be better to be Dr. Ferrey with a job than Dr. Ferrey, unemployed.

Just a few days until our trip! I am glad we decided to rent an apartment instead of a hotel, I feel that you would be more free to come and go as you wanted. I kind of like the idea of going somewhere you don't really know much about and discovering it. I wonder if we could do a side trip to Detroit. I really want to see it.


5 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

Your garden looks great. Where is Anne's interview?

5:03 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

What are yo9u going to do with the front? And ye, where is Anne's interview?

5:10 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Anne's interview is for University of London! England! Her references had been contacted before she got here, but she wasn't sure if it would get to the interview stage. In the front, I will plant a tree and probably perennials. I can divide lots of the ones from the back yard.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

University of London is *very* exciting! yay!

Beautiful yard. I agree, grass doesn't do much. But I also don't think babies do that much either?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Oh yes, babies are very busy. And they grow up into adults.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home