Sunday, May 27, 2012

hospital move

We moved at work today. Whew. All went very smoothly. It is a lot of work to move parts of a hospital,, I can tell you that.

The new place is great, lovely and bright and pleasant. It's quite something, as I went back into the old unit, and compared-it was like one of those weird movies or books, where someone stumbles into an area where it looks like people just vanished or something. Lindsay from work says there is a good zombie movie about that.

I work evenings all week, which is OK, I think actually the staff will be fine, but perhaps having someone there who is very familiar with the unit will help them to recognize that they are fine. Though I also suspect people would prefer not to necessarily have me there after hours...

I also don't want people to muck it up-I saw some marks and felt like when someone puts a mark on freshly painted walls at home.

I have been working extra hours for this-and feel pretty tired, though that is also because we went for celebratory drinks afterwards, and I had to get Richard to come drive me home :)


1 Comments:

Anonymous beth said...

after the smooth move, todays headline in local rag - nurses complain of being overworked in new facility - Lisas picture was not among complainees!

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home