Thursday, November 17, 2011

Movember and Job Interview

Here's my post, that means Sam must be next.
It's been a crazy couple of months around good old Rock City. Around the end of September there was a bit of a group walkout at work. A couple of the guys, worried about how much work there was gonna be in the future at Delta, decided to hire on at a rival company. This wasn't such a big deal, except they were followed by a whole bunch of other guys. Like, over half of the company. This whole thing had me a little stressed for a while, as we had to turn work down due to lack of help, but I have a pretty steady gig so it didn't directly affect me too much. In the middle of all of this I received a bit of an inside tip that Trans-Canada's Rocky office was looking to hire an electrician. After a bit of debate, I decided to throw in a resume (which, incidentally, was the first I've made in almost nine years) and was rewarded a few weeks later with a phone call to invite me to an interview. That interview was last Monday, and I think it went really well. Should find out for sure one way or another next week.
Aside from work stuff, I've been keeping fairly busy in other ways as well. Been playing rec league volleyball again, and entered a men's night curling team for the first time. We get the wheels beat off us every week, but it is definitely a good time. Also it's the only sport I know that has a bar upstairs.
I also decided to start up a group for Movember this year. I grew the Mo last year, but didn't get involved with any fundraising. So this year I figured if I did the work to put the group together, the guys could just join and whatever money we raise is that much more than we would have otherwise. That being said, if anyone would like to donate the link is http://mobros.co/mustardmops. I'm actually fairly impressed how the Mustard Mops are doing, and mine is coming along nicely. Although I can't really bristle it properly.
Thanks to those who have donated already!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I believe there are several indoor soccer fields in Edmonton that have bars on-site.

7:14 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

The only manly sport then

7:31 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Curling is manly but soccer isn't?
I really am not sure how I feel about your new look-somewhat disturbing

9:36 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

And hope that you get the job!

6:23 AM  
Anonymous B.A. said...

Good Luck with Trans-Canada! Matt is doing the Movember fund raising too! Your link didn't work for the mustard tops.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home