Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Victoria Again

It struck me today that two weeks doesn't seem like a long time when one is booking a holiday in April, but can seem very long indeed on the plane at the end of those two weeks. This insight may have been influenced by my leaving my hotel in Montreal at 6:30 am local time, and catching a six hour flight across the country (including a brief stop-over in Edmonton, not even long enough to justify getting off the plane).

The trip was great though. Edmonton turned out to be a lot of fun. I was surprised to realize how many people I actually know in the city, and this was augmented (as always) by aunts. My old grade 6 teacher (Mr. Kurpjuweit) had found me on facebook earlier this year, and as he is a pastor in St. Albert now, we were able to go out for coffee. It was nice to catch up, and he says hi to Mom, Dad, and all my siblings. I also went to see Jesse, Colleen and their baby Madison. She is very cute and babyish.



Madison Shirley Robertson and Me


Maddie and Her Mom

I left for Montreal Friday morning. Montreal was a fun city. I was staying near my friend Robert, who was being ordained. I was also near the metro, and St. Catherine Street, which they close in the summer, and make into a pedestrian street. The ordination was really lovely, and the Cathedral there is beautiful. They also have a mall build underneath the Cathedral - underground- which is funny. The weather was wonderful- warm and sunny, in Ottawa, Edmonton and Montreal.

5 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I like the perplexed look on Madison Shirley's face.

I'm glad it was a good trip! You were pretty busy -- that must contribute to the fatigue at the end. And a loooonng flight home.

7:26 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

You are probably making Theresa weep, seeing you with a baby that is not her grandchild

8:26 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

normally on the flight home, I always feel very antsy, cause I just want to get there. Speaking as one of the aunts, it is always a pleasure to have a visit from nephews or nieces. Will you look pretty natural holding that baby.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Sob

11:43 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I enjoyed our visit William we will have to do it again. Maybe in Victoria next time?

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home