Friday, June 03, 2011

Alone Again

All of my visitors have left, and I am back to just me in my house. It was really good to have Will and Laura visiting, they are really easy company. Will arrived on Saturday night, and Laura on Tuesday. Henry and Laura were waiting for me when I got home on Tuesday. It was really good to see Henry again too, I think the last time I saw him was just before Christmas. We went out for dinner at Rigoletto's since I needed a baked rigatoni fix.

I had supper with Vicky on Wednesday, she and Dick left on their cross Canada trip. I am quite jealous of them, it sounds like a wonderful trip.

I talked to Darrell at work again today, to see what the status of the hiring tickets are. We had agreed that a July start would work if they were able to hire at least one new BA. We talked in the morning and he said they did not have one resume, my heart kind of sank. But then this afternoon he let me know they have 60 resumes from the college hire program. What a relief, so it is starting to feel real, that I will be able to work part time.

I went to see Jon, my financial guy on Thursday, to let him know that I was planning on going part time, and make some changes to my direct debit stuff. He agreed that my plan is good, it is always nice to have people agree with you.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

agreed

7:21 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

whoo! That is exciting -- it's happening!

7:08 AM  
Anonymous Steph said...

Good luck with the part-time plan! I've been working 20 hours/week at my new job for the last month and it's fabulous! The financial planner even thinks we'll still be able to retire before we're 100, despite my reduced paycheque. Life is good!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home