Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Good Omen

I went to the hospital this morning for my pre-admittance. I decided to have coffee and a muffin in the food court before my appointment. As I was leaving the food court, I noticed all these familiar looking boxes, they looked like shoe boxes, and they were!! I could hardly believe it, a shoe sale at the hospital, this is my kind of place.

My surgery has been scheduled for 1:30 on the 4th, so I have to be at the hospital by 11:00 am. The surgery will take around an hour an a half to 2 hours to be done, around half an hour in recovery then off to my room. I met with a nurse, had an ECG, blood taken and an anesthetist. Everyone was very nice, and knowledgable. I watched a couple of videos, one on breathing and how to avoid blood clots, the other on hysterectomies. Everything is moving along nicely. One of the other people at the clinic, is scheduled to have her surgery on the 9th, I tried to trade dates with her, but we had different Drs, so no go.

I was able to sell my FF ticket, I posted a note on the swap board last night and had twenty different responses by 10 this morning. One of the first ones was from a lady who went into labour early, and had her baby on June 1. By the time she got home to try and get tickets, they were sold out. She is coming over tomorrow morning to pick up the pass. I am glad it is going to a good home.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

you are. or appear to very well prepared for your surgery - its great that you can get all that preop stuff out of the way early & as always you seem very calm and in control.
We've been sweating it out here - 3 weeks of +30, with only one cool & slightly damp one - a good rain would be very welcome. My house stays nice & cool til midafternoon at which time I turn on the a/cs for a while. Its so hot that I've been really not able to go up to the old place & do anything - Richard has done quite a bit & they put it on the internet last nite - hope it rents soon, so I can forget it for a while. Have managed to hang most pictures in the lr which makes it more homey - it relly is a comfy little house.
Welcome back Will - asnd thank you for the p/cs - esp the one with the mile wide willow tree!
Last nite we went to a concert in the park behind the IGA - it was very pleasant sitting on the grass, but the music wasn't too good' A really good turnout tho' & I joined the community assoc because Richard was selling memberships!
This room is getting pretty hot, so off for now

8:34 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I don't know if we want the new ticket holder on the tarp though

9:09 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I will let her know that part of the deal is that she has to bring her own tarp.

I am glad you are happy in your house Mom, and I am looking forward to seeing it in person, maybe I will come out for a weekend in the fall. I am not sure about my preparedness for the surgery, but if I am not I have to say it is not the fault of the medical system, they have done everything they can. But I will try not to let the side down and do my part. I had to wait a bit to see the anesthetist, and he apologized (twice) for keeping me waiting. Luckily I had my book, so I did not mind. And at the end of the consultation we had a little chat about Glasgow vs Edinburgh (I am reading an Alex Grey book, they call him the Ian Rankin of Glasgow).

Lisa, do you get to wear a white coat over your clothes at the hospital? The nurses at the pre-op clinic did and I thought they looked very smart.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home