Monday, July 12, 2010

no elephants, but...

Well, I have moved into the new place (127 vs. 123 Elizabeth St) and it's going better than I expected. The move was horrific because apart from some help with the furniture I was babysitting for my friend, I had to do the whole thing myself. Three days of packing, cleaning, hauling boxes up and down stairs.... not fun. Where's Steph and her labelling pen when I need her?!

Living in a shared house again is interesting. There's the usual "who's gonna do the dishes" stuff, but on the other hand I have an instant social life because there is always something going on. The problem is I keep going out with one set of housemates, and then with another set... Definitely going to have to cut back at some point.

So, no elephants around here, but here is a picture of the resident wildlife for you:



And here is another hilarious photo of Kafka, taken by my friend Shawnie Fever when he stopped by on the way through Ontario. I think he looks totally mad dog. You can also kinda see his (alleged) wolf ancestry showing through!



Having a dog has been interesting. Luckily, although huge, he is a very quiet dog (mostly) and very very social. This means he follows me EVERYWHERE, which is hard to get used to - not used to having so much company (not to mention so much dog saliva all over me all the time - he likes to kiss). However, free rent is free rent, and I have started running with him in the evenings, so as a side effect I ought to be in awesome shape by the end of the summer!

Here is a bonus picture of Shawnie and I, in the Little Malta area of the Centre of the Universe. We stopped by to have some pastizzi and a weird bitter orange drink called Kinnie because Shawn has been to Malta and misses the food. (I can't take photos myself because Del accidentally took my camera battery charger back to England! Hopefully it will make its way back to Canada soon).

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Looks like you are babysitting the Hound of the Baskervilles.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

That is a *gorgeous* dog.

3:35 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

He looks devilish!

9:23 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

He's more bratty than devilish. He's lived in a shared house all his life, so he loves parties and being around people. However, this also means he wasn't particularly well trained. We are working on "sit, stay"!

6:04 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

would he want to go houseboating?

9:36 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

He would love that. And then we would smell like wet dog the whole time.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home