Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer

Richard and I went to the bird sanctuary this past week and saw a beaver, osprey (catching a fish!), heron, and turtle. And deer on the way home on our bikes.
Weather continues to be puzzling. Monday was cold! For here. And since then it has been over 30 and sunny. La Nina, what are you doing?
I have to cut the grass today. Weeds are getting enormous, but it is hot out there. I am giving myself the reward of hanging up laundry after. I love hanging up clothes. They should dry in oh, about 1/2 hour with this heat.
Work has slowed down, thank heavens. We are now having jean Fridays-we donate $2 to support our new unit and get to wear a sticker-it makes me smile.
Richard and I went to the beach yesterday-I am slightly burnt, but in the shade we kept getting cool. Really, how that is possible when the etmperature is over 30 does not make sense. It must be from La Nina.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I don't expect you have attack beavers in peaceful BC.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Do we have attack beavers?

8:57 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

what beavers attack?

4:08 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/calgary/story/2010/07/14/beaver-attack-red-deer-alberta-dogs-park.html
If I knew how to make a link I could make it easier for you.

4:14 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I don't even need to click on it-I remember reading about it.

6:46 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

for some reason known only to the spacw fairy, I can never seem to just log on to the family blog, so am reduced to coat tailing again!
Well am mostly moved and sort of settled in and am very pleased with the house and am soon getting the old one rented for enough to pay the mtge. have firmly decided that this is my last move till I'm carried out. It has been really scorching here, but luckily this house stays very cool & have hardly had either a/c on. The next big projects are getting pictures up and making a decision about which books to keep - there are a lot of them. I had developed a low grade infection just before the move. but after anti biotics am ok, but it slowed me down and I still find that I'm good till noon & then the energy runs out - oh well - have the rest of my life to get settled.
am really looking forward to houseboating & getting aways from it all and seeing everyone again
will you be ok for it Jude? Not long till your big surgery now - I think of you often - waiting is so hard, but its good you took hols early and are getting rested up before.
It is cloudy & a bit cooler today so should tackle some oudoor things, but maybe not

9:39 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Mom, did you find renters?

8:13 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

not yet - hoping for next week - we have to do some pics & put it on castanet - am hoping Richard will have time Mon or Tues

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home