Friday, March 05, 2010

March, finally

This will sound annoying to those in Alberta, but since we have not had a winter, it seems like spring would never get here. Though we haven't had any cold weather-it hasn't changed-3 or 4 degrees with low cloud for what seems like weeks on end. So now that it is 11 or 13 degrees and sun, I feel that spring is around the corner. Or if I lived in Alberta-it would qualify as spring.
I did the Patient Care Coordinator job today. One more learning adventure. this job it seems to never stop. I am constantly going 'huh, I don't know, I guess I'll have to find that out.' Or 'Who knew? I will have to file away for future reference' Or, 'I will have to look thoughtful while I desperately try to appear intelligent'
I find that I am really enjoying the work, but 5 days/week cuts into other life. On Saturday I feel like I need to vegetate to recover. If Richard were off on the weekend, I might feel more motivated, but I mostly want to take 2 1/2 hours to read the paper, have a long bath, and putter around doing nothing. Maybe clean the bathroom.
How do people with children manage working full time and looking after others?
In other news we got pedometers for work! 8029 steps so far today!

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

That's exactly what I want to do on Saturdays. But feel I should be doing something useful so don't enjoy unwinding to its fullest extent.
So sorry to hear about your disappointing weather. How do you all bear it?

8:42 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

Is your comment just another example of sarcasim is another service we provide for free. My moto at work?

5:51 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Laura, what is this about you guys moving?
That is a real question, not sarcasm.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home