Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Toronto!

I'm in the center of the world for the next two weeks doing a course that is orientation for the trip I'm taking this summer to (probably) Sri Lanka with the Anglican Church. I say 'possibly' because the Canadian Anglican Church hasn't confirmed with the Sri Lankan Anglican Church yet- but it's looking positive! Anyway, here I am, and I arrived without too much fuss. The flight left Edmonton at 8:30, which made for an early morning, and then when I got my seat assignment, it turned out I was in the middle of a row. However, it was exit row, so not as bad as it could have been. And there were seat back TVs, which help pass the time.

I landed around 2:30, and when I was walking out of the gate I heard my name called. I turned around, and there was my Bishop, who was connecting with a flight to Montreal for some church business. Kind of random, but nice to see him.

After I collected my luggage I had to wait for one other person on this course, so we could share a cab. His flight landed an hour after mine, but then he waited an extra hour and a half for his luggage, before realzing that it probably wasn't coming. Aside from that little snafu, things went well, and we got to the center where the course is.

It's being held at a retreat center on the Scarborough Bluffs, which are apparently right beside lake Ontario (I haven't spent much time outside). The course will be pretty good - standard stuff about culture, but very useful for me, I think.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Glad you arrived safely. If you look carefully you can probably see the universe orbitting around you. What's the weather like?

8:18 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home