Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day

the big day is over and as usual it was a success. Some people here were up very, very early (Grace) and had quite a wait for the rest of the family to appear. I was up second, around 6:45, and I opened my stocking, Grace re-opened hers so I could see what she got. then at the stroke of 8, Grace ran up the stairs to get everyone up, and magically Tim opened up the front door, so we were all ready at 8:02 to start the opening. It seems to me that everyone gave and received the perfect gifts. I am always amazed at the imagination and excellent present finding skills this family possesses.
After the presents had all been opened, Geoff and Tim cooked breakfast for us all. We then slowly got dressed, and some stayed up and watched a movie, others went for a Christmas nap. When I got up from my nap, the kids had made the chili cheese dip (a departure from tradition, normally Theresa does it). Then most of us played a game. Supper was awesome, with all the regular stuff followed by a Charlotte (trifle) for dessert.
I am not sure what today has in store for us, but I know it will be fun, there will be lots of good food and company.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

We got a new game, Mind Trap, which was really fun. Although it takes brain cell activity and logical thinking which we do not possess equally.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home