Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year one and all

I used to think of New Year's Eve like Allison sometimes thinks of Facebook: why does everyone but me seem to be having such a great time? They get all the good stuff and I get all the trash. But now, as with most things, I don't care what everyone else is doing. We had a quiet evening as usual, the kids were both out. Went to the church service but didn't stay for coffee after.I fell asleep at 10:30 but woke at midnight when Tim phoned to say Happy New Year. Got up and watched a couple of episodes of my new Dexter DVD while drinking my gin and tonic. Then back to bed and didn't get up till 1:30 today. Now that's a New Year's Eve to remember.
Will and Sam introduced me to g&ts.They are great. And they are how the British built their empire.
Sam has been using his Excel gifts to organize our budget spreadsheet. He has made us a work of art. What a talented son.

4 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

g&ts will also protect you against malaria!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Due to the quinineƉ

9:54 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Yes. Now the Sivaks can build an empire.

4:29 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

I'm ready.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home