Saturday, January 09, 2010

Name draw

We drew names for next Christmas-Richard has been anxious to do it since Boxing Day. Here's what we drew:
Mom has Richard
Geoff has Grace
Theresa has Allison
Judith has Henry
Laura has Sandi
Henry has Theresa
Sandi has Mom
Jim has Tim
Anne has Lisa
Will has Judith
Tim has Laura
Grace has Anne
Lisa has Will
Richard has Jim
Allison has Geoff
Sam is still not in the draw as we didn't think he'd changed his mind, but if you have Sam, it is very easy to redraw-as goes for anyone else who is in!

We had a lovely dinner and evening for Mom's birthday. She loved the TV. And is thrilled.
She doesn't seem 80.
Josh is in town too, got here Thursday. Jim has been keeping all of us amused.
My 1st week as educator went well I think. Except for feeling incompetent a few times. Mostly with the other educators at the hospital-don't ask me why-I keep asking dumb things and then thinking, 'now they think I'm an idiot, who wouldn't know that?' And then I feel like I'm somehow letting down psychiatry because if their educator is asking this stupid stuff, how does that reflect upon the rest of the department? But this will pass and I am actually way less uptight about things than I would have thought, judging by past experiences when I ahve started in new things. I am usually much more anxious. Thanks Effexor!! Actually even on Effexor, I have usually been much more anxious-probably being in the same area as I have been working makes a difference.
Will, I keep meaning to send you a thank you letter for the fantastic cookbook-I love it! And have used it already. So if this thank you letter takes a while to get there, then I feel part way covered.

5 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I should have mentioned, Tim doesn't want to be on the list, he has trouble getting something ready on time. Would it work to switch it so Jim has Laura?
You all certainly sounded jolly last night. Mom had to go to the bedroom so she could hear me on the phone. It occurred to me too late (like yesterday) that we should have gone for the bday. Oh well.
Hope the TV setting up goes OK. I know from experience that it can be frustrating.

12:17 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

thank to one and all for the great tv which is now being set up - have not heard any cursing from the installer yet!
Also thanks to T & G, J & A for the flowers and everyone who phoned
I had a great day - wore my kilt to celebrate - had dinner at the Wensinks - very good steak and trimmings with a lovely cake. and lots of laughing.
Will be writing everyone soon so by for now

2:59 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

The first week of a new job is always stressful, I find, even if you have not changed locations and working with a lot of the same people.

Glad you liked the TV Mom, now does that mean that your needlework will suffer because you will be wanting to actually look at the TV, and see all that High Def, instead of just listening?

6:39 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

no, I think I can still walk and chew gum! but the difference is just amazing - Sandi & I watched a nature prg last nite and I was awe struck with the beauty of it all
compant left this am to catch the 7am flite home - it was on time - a good sign for their journey

9:31 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Mom's TV looks awesome. I wish ours would arrive.
Yes, let's switch so Jim has Laura.

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home