Friday, January 08, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom



You are 80 years today, that seems pretty incredible, cause I never think of you as being any age, but just as Mom. Hope you have a great day.

The first week of the year is over and this is my first day off of the year, and I am feeling pretty happy about only working 4 days a week. I really think it is going to work out for me.

My friend Vicky has retired from IBM, and on Wednesday there was a get together with a whole bunch of people from work, both past and present. It was really a nice send off, very casual and everyone had a great time. It seems weird to me that someone I have worked with so long will no longer be around the office, when I was thinking about all the time we worked together I realized it was 19 years, and time really flew by. Vicky and Dick have a really exciting year planned out, they are doing a ton of traveling (of which I am really jealous) and will have a wonderful time I am sure.

It has been pretty cold here, with more snow but for some reason I am finding I don't mind it. I dress for the weather, and am toasty warm in all my new scarves and mitts.

I have heard through the grapevine that Wener Shoes has a big sale on, just wanted to let anyone who lives in Edmonton, or who maybe coming this way in the next little while, know. It is always a good day to buy more shoes.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Happy birthday, little Mom!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

It's hard to believe that chubby little toddler is you Mom. Happy birthday!

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home