Sunday, December 06, 2009

home again jiggity jig

Well, the flight was delayed until 8:50 but got home by 10:30. #$%$^&*((@#$ cold here, thank goodness to Germain engineering.

Alex the driver was very nice, he had bought me a coffee so I was able to sit in leather comfort and drink my coffee with a worry. He said Judith was one of his favorite customers and that he had been up all night driving people from a christmas party but because Judith is so nice and such a polite person with a big heart he picked me up and took me to the airport. I would highly recommend him and will use him again if I ever fly into Edmonton again.

Chocolates was great and Schmoozy was also. That is the best place to people watch, lots of drama and interesting folks. Great to see everyone (that was the tbest part of the weekend).

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I'm not sure if the Ferreys won anything, but know they did not win the impressionist-like painting -- but do not feel badly, because it went for $900 in the end. I think we made over $10,000 in the art auction alone.

THANK YOU for coming and supporting.

And for a great day chocolate-making and a very fun dinner.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

I had a good time too, my circle of librarian acquaintances grows with every Schmoozy. I am also happy that Alex treated you well, Laura.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Schmoozy was made for Geoff. We had a hard time pulling him away when we were ready to go. He was chatting with people and bidding, bidding, bidding. I was pretty sure we wouldn`t get that painting but there is another we liked which I thought we had a good chance. Of course there was a fair amount of time before the cutoff when we went. Anyway it was fun.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

All should hear if you were successful this week! Geoff was one of the stars of the show. I think he is First Officer Schmoozer.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Well Captain Schmoozer is a tossup between you and Todd.

10:04 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

The Ferreys belong to the arts community at heart

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home