Monday, November 23, 2009

Back at Home Again



After a wonderful trip to the UK, I am back home in my cosy condo. Mom and I left on the 6:45 flight to London, on the 21st from Glasgow, and got to our hotel in London around 9:00 am. Our room was not ready, so we walked around the neighborhood, and found a place for breakfast. After that we walked over to Buckingham Palace, which was just across Green Park from our hotel. Did not see any royals, but did see the guards, and a ton of tourists. A trip down the street to Trafalgar Square (with frequent stops to rest) and finally back to the hotel, and our room was ready. Del came to meet us around 4:30, and took us out for coffee, just down the street. Then back to the hotel, and Mom treated us to dinner. All in all a very good day. We had a nice visit with Del, it was so great of him to come all the way to London to meet us.

Then Sunday, back out to the airport, to catch the flight to Edmonton. I left Mom, going through another security point, so she could finish her trip by going through Vancouver and finally Kelowna. I think we were both pretty happy to be home, at least I hope she made it!! Back at work on Wednesday, so a couple of days to get over the jet lag.

Pictures above, Mom at Canada House, and Mom and Del

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

yes, I made it safely - of ourse my luggage didn't! but it urned up on the flite from Van and was delivered by 9:30
Some let down from 1st class pods on the big jet to the small grungy Dash 8. but it sure is good to be home after a truly wonderful trip with my great family - it was nice to meet Del - he''s a keeper. Anne

10:10 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

We noticed Del did not make the trip up to Scotland to meet the parents.

11:44 AM  
Blogger Will said...

But Del was darned nice to the brother this summer!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

And he told Mom and I if any of the Ferreys or Sivaks were in his neck of the woods to be sure and contact him, and he would be glad to meet.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Was he invited to Scotland?

That picture with Grandma is SO CUTE.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Good point Anne.

4:16 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Excellently cute picture. Should have invited him!
Mom liked him, btw. Do you read this Del?

11:06 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I never thought of inviting Del. He could have been our driver.
That extra watch that was in the bathroom - I think it must be mine. I thought I had packed it but no. It has a gold expandable bracelet.

11:30 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

So many people asked my or told me that it was my watvh that I finally took it - must be yours as there is white paint on the crystal! Anyway will send it along to you soon
think I'm over the jet lag and am doing laundry until the Wensinks come later for some food shopping
My cat has settled down - the 1st day she stuck to me like a bur, talking nonstop. Ken said she shunned him the whole time only allowing a brief pet or 2
too bad noone thought to ask Del - feel right smug for having met him altho' it was all his & Judes doi9ng.
the pics are great Jude - when I'm awake, I'm watching them

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home