Sunday, November 29, 2009

Back in Full swing


Our little trip to Edinburgh was quite enjoyable. We spent some time in Glasgow again, before we left on the train. Poor Richard, I was crabby and not easy to shop with. Though I did find some used skirts that I bought at a 2nd hand shop !
We took the train to Edinburgh, it was full of rugby fans. We saw all these guys in kilts in the station, and we had to line up outside 1st, before going on the train, to prevent hooliganism I suspect. There were also some faces painted green.
We easily got to our B&B, it was nice-in an old (what else) house on the bus line. Had another large bathtub-so Richard was quite happy. For people who don't seem any taller than in North America, they all have long bathtubs. We promptly had naps and then out for supper, then back to bed.
The next day we wended our way downtown. Went to the Royal Scottish Museum. Spent 3 hours there and only rushed through 2 floors of it. We went on a tour with a docent, but though we stayed on the tour because we felt kind of bad for him and he did mention/point out some interesting things, he focussed too much on machinary for our liking. Though I am happy for the Scots that someone Scottish (Robert Louis Stevenson's dad in fact) developed how to make a lighthouse, I don't particularly care to know how the lenses work.
We went on the tour of the city under the city, Mary Kings Close. You actually can't take pictures because it is under the courthouse (I think, or at least some government building), but was well worth going. Highly recommend it. Lots of discussion about how the downtrodden lived.
Came back after very early morning again on Monday-got up at 0315.
Tuesday, found out had 2 meetings, went to work Wednesday for 12 hours, then teachign Thurs/Fri, with an interveiw on Friday for the hospital psych consult relief position.
I didn't get out of bathrobe yesterday until 330 pm.
I have been annoyingly waking up at 230 in the morning, which was ok last night as I didn't have to work, but earlier this week, it was quite painful to then drag myself to the hospital for 7 am. Thank heavens I like my job (s).
Nick and Sebastian were challenging for our catsitting neighbours. Nick repeatedly whizzled on the floor, beside the litter box and one or both of them kept barfing up hairballs on the carpet upstairs. I feel the gifts we brought them were not enough.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

At the Scottish Museum we made the mistake of starting at the bottom and spent too much time on how Scotland was formed from rocks and about fossils, etc. Barely got to the middle ages before it was time to go.

7:26 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

After a week I am still a bit jet lagged - but since I can indulge in loafing around, reading, napping & qatching the tube its ok. The odd thing this trip hs left me with not just sleeping oddities, but also eating ones. Wake up at or before 6 rreally hungry and after breakfast a bit of a nap and by noon starving again and again by 5 or 6. lost 5 lbs but at this rate will gain it back quickly
My jerkly neighbors house is for sale - he never moved back in - they are asking 435 thou for it - but the pics don't make it all that appealing - says fully fenced too - no mention of the fence collapsing. Still working on the highway behind me - wi;; it never end?
Dont envy all you folks going back to work - there are a few advantages to old age

11:14 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I did not know your jerky neighbor moved, did they split up? Maybe Jim and Sandi should buy it, as a vacation home in Kelowna, then you don't need to worry about who might move in.

11:47 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

yes - they parted ways during the summer it seems - great idea re Jim & Sandi - did you get that Jimmy?

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home