Friday, November 20, 2009

Glasgow

Yesterday we went to Glasgow-we all liked the city. I think it is more down to earth and friendlier than Edinburgh, but with only a day in each really it is hard to tell.
We walked and walked. 1st to the cathedral, then to the Museum of Religion which covered all of the world's religions and religious life. Apparently they wanted to have a museum dedicated to the cathedral, but the Scottish government would only give them money if they made it multi-cultural.I really liked the museum, they had all the religions ceremonies, traditions together-ie coming of age for all different faiths. And there were artifacts from all different belief systems.
We then walked to the Willow Tea Rooms. Mom, Richard and I walked on ahead while Jude and Al waited for Theresa and Geoff. We got to the alleged site some blocks away, no tea room. Then saw Jude walking toward us. We wandered around, and finally found it on another street, with Geoff, Theresa, and Al waiting for us. Al was worried that we wouldn't find it. We then realized that having a back up meeting point as we did in Edinburgh=good idea. Tea was delicious! Scone with cream and jam, shortbread, sandwich, and cake. Then Mom went to rest in Al's hotel while the rest shopped. All Richard and I bought was a coaster with the definition of crabbit on it. Which Theresa will be this morning when she gets up and realizes that I drank the last of the filtered coffee. I thought she had already been up. Eek.

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

I want to hear more about the Cathedral!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

I buttered my shortbread at tea.

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home