Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Shopping in Edinburgh

Today we spent much time shopping, albeit mostly separately. While the rest of the badgers went to the castle, Grandma/Mom and I had coffee at Jenners department store. A nice old 5-storey department store with little cafe and lovely little desserts with sugar roses on them. And danish shaped like the Queen's crown. I took a couple of pictures and one of the staff asked me if something was wrong, to which I smiled and nodded, not quite understanding him. He looked concerned, and asked again; this time, I just said, "I like taking pictures of food," and scuttled off.

Geoff bought a belt, Judith bought shoes and a gorgeous jacket (& some other bits), Lisa & Richard bought catsitter gifts, and Mom bought more than anyone, including some presents for some unnamed readers of this blog. I spent a whack of money on a lovely cashmere shawl. Then we bought some beer and came home.

Glasgow tomorrow, and my night staying at the Alexander Thomson Hotel, at least until I have to get up at 3am to get to train station. I want us to go to the Glasgow Necropolis.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

One of the things I like about vacations, is shopping, all the different things, that we cannot get at home. I think that is very cultural.

12:44 AM  
Blogger Tim said...

Nice justification Jude

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home