Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Teaching etc

Had my students last week fior the 1st time as instructor. I think it went pretty well! It is nice to be around enthusiasm-helps me keep mine.
Remember this Grace-instructors like students. Or they should.
Makes me think of a conversation I had with a patient on the weekend (I worked Sat Sun on the unit after teaching Thurs/Fri), where I said that as a nurse, you should like people in general. As a nursing instructor, you should also like people.
It is going to be a busy rest of the month. Am presenting to new ER staff on treating psychiatric patients in ER-with our educator and another nurse. Also teaching, working, and another presentation with the hemodialysis group on dealing with challenging patients.
We're going to Gabor Mate on the 6th-he's talking about stress/disease. Timely yes.
I am so looking forward to our trip-it is feeling realer.
We did a bunch of fall clean up yesterday-sigh, there is still a lot to do.
But is raining today-so can't do too much. Well, I could, but then I'd be wet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Judith said...

If you get wet will you melt?

8:22 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Quite possibly.
It has happened to others you know.
I saw it on youtube

10:41 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

Are you losing your enthusiasm for nursing already? Don't turn into one of those old bats who are just marking time. Please.

12:14 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

No! Love working with patients!! They keep me going!

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home