Friday, June 12, 2009

I'm In!!!!

I just found out I'm accepted into Nursing for next year! I'm very excited and feel like this a load off my mind, as I don't really want to do another year of General Sciences, which is what I would have done if I wasn't accepted. But I am, and I don't have to worry about that any more. Hopefully I won't change my mind about nursing after one year like I did science.

I finally got another summer job too. I quite enjoyed having my days free to laze around and read with the occasional tennis game thrown in, but there was always the thought lurking in the back of my mind that I would love to be able to afford to eat next year. So I started at Boston Pizza today. I watched two hours of training videos, got my uniform,did some paperwork, and spent the remaining five hours washing dishes. Which I actually kind of like doing. The big sprayer thing that you rinse them off with is very fun. I also weighed rice for a bit. But I am going to start doing salads next week, so will soon be moving up in the world. I also work at the theatre at night, but that isn't to strenuous of a job, and I like to be there for the most part, since nearly everyone I work with I get along with and like. The owner of the theatre is in Norway and isn't back until the end of July, so its interesting having a part in running the place. I put a whole movie together by myself last week, and it didn't even break.

9 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I don't know about letting those kids run the theatre. Last week Grace told me that the senior rate to get in started at age 55. Woohoo.
Then I get there the other day and Scott had changed it to 65. That's it, he's out of my will.

6:11 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Good for you Grace, now we can talk shop at family gettogethers!

8:33 PM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

Yay Grace - way to go - on both counts but esp getting accepted at NS

8:40 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

But science is FUN! Come on Gracie!

Congrats on getting in, though. And I guess if you won't follow my footsteps and be a scientist, you can follow your brother's and be a dishwasher!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Allison said...

Dishwashing totally builds your arm muscles. You will need those when you are hauling patients around!

10:21 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

hey - is the world traveller home? got a pc & thought she must be as travellers always beat their pcs home

10:59 AM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

congrats Grace, it is good to have that settled I bet.

4:44 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Excellent news Grace, will some of your courses this year count towards your nursing degree? I hope you don't change your mind, because I am really counting on you being a geriatric nurse and keeping me out of trouble in my senior years.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I don't know if twenty nurses will be able to keep you out of trouble Auntie Jude!
My English and Stats courses transfer over, and some other ones I will be able to use as electives, so that means I won't have to do the spring semester the first two years, which is nice.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home