Tuesday, June 16, 2009

how does my garden grow?

I am eating a fresh rocket (arugula) salad out of the garden! Oliver said to thin the plants, so it is more likely baby rocket. SO GOOD. We have now planted so many things that I can't keep track of them, but the most exciting are the rows of tomatoes and peppers. (OUTSIDE!) And the eggplant and okra, of course. The salad things and the peas are doing best so far. At the end of the garden Oliver has planted watermelon and cantaloupe, too! Of course everything will probably be ready to harvest just as I'm in the UK for two weeks, but it is still fun to watch everything grow.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

I have garden over at my friends' Liz & Jim's, and I am hoping to see some action there...carrots, peas, squash, and some corn which I probably planted too early. At home: tomatoes and lettuce and chard in pots.

But one of my catsitters (was not Judith) let my seedlings die due to lack of water. hmph.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home