Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Case of the Bedazzled Feline

I sometimes let Natasha out at night to run around and catch small mammals. She is usually waiting at the door the next morning, ready for food and sleep. Last week, I did let her out, and in the morning she wasn't there; I wasn't worried, though, because she is a smart animal and always shows up. After work, she still wasn't there. I was outside, doing a little bit of gardening, and saw her on the step. She had something around her neck. I looked closer, and it was a little heart-shaped necklace with fake diamonds on it. 

Two days later, she had disappeared for a while and again showed up at the door when I was outside. This time, she was wearing a set of multicoloured beads. 

Who is doing this?? I think she might leave me. 

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger lisaandrichard said...

It is the people at the Mustard Seed, thanking her for fellowship.
Or, she's mistaking costume jewellery for the real stuff and inadvertly stealing paste jewels.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Is there a house full of 12 year old girls near by? I'd question them first, if I were you.

11:30 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

She loves you for providing food water a space, but wheres the bling-bling? She had to go searching for it and oh joy - she found some

11:36 AM  
Blogger Theresa said...

I hope you are not offended but I had to laugh when I read your post. I was not laughing at your pain though.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

It is the weirdest thing I have experienced re: cats. It is even weirder than having someone come to my door and ask me if my cat could come outside and visit.

5:25 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Nick recently peed on Richard's knapsack. We think that he was angry that we put tinfoil down on the tile floor where he was peeing before-in front of the litter box.
Richard thinks he may choose my shoes next.

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home