Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Battle Rages On

Saw orthopedic Dr. today. I need arthroscopic surgery to cut away cartiledge that is torn. He is hoping that WCB will fastrack, I can have surgery next week, then off for 2-3 weeks after for recovery. So, I am off work for a while. Feeling badly about this, but can't do anything about it. I got back from the ortho clinic and there was a message from another ortho surgeon's office saying that they had a cancellation, could I come in tomorrow? Suddenly they're available. Sorry, I'm already taken.
I believe I have won in the area of treatment-surgery trumps Tylenol, but in terms of on-going issues- not sure. Surgery should solve the problem, but I read that cutting cartiledge can lead to arthritis, though they aren't sure about this. So, Theresa may win for longevity of knee problem, it remains to be seen...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

If you also get arthritis you will have me beat hands down. But if I need knee replacement surgery somewhere down the line . . . I don't know, it could be a tight race.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home