Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Birthday Presents







Mom and Dad bought me clergy shirts for my birthday!! I'll need these for Barkerville, (and the rest of my career, I guess). The line down the middle of the collar is to show that I'm not ordained yet, but merely a student. Getting these shirts made me excieted to go to Barkerville!


I had a good Easter weekend- a mix of school and church. I'll let you guess which one I enjoyed. I went down to the Cathedral on Thursday for the Maunday Thursday service- and it was one of the most beautiful services I have ever been to. It was just like a movie. At the end of the service they stripped the altar of all the cloths and candles and decorations (to get ready for Good Friday). As they did it, the choir sang a hymn and the lights slowly went down until there were just two spotlights on the altar, and you could just make out the two priests standing in front of the altar. Just amazing.

I also went to the 7 am service in the park by my church. It was pouring rain, but nice nonetheless. Very West Coast.
Only one paper and one exam left! I'm flying back to Rocky next week, then driving back out here (with a stop in Kelowna on the way).

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Nice beard. Is there a moustache to go with it?

7:55 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

Will you look so cute with a beard.

8:55 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

now that looks ready for Barkerville! Very priestly looking

9:02 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Happy Belated Birthday Will!!
You look suitably ministerial in your collar.
I'd like to come up to Barkerville to visit while you're there if it will work out.
I'm looking forward to seeing you at the end of the month too.
Is Tim coming with you? We haven't seen him in a long time...

12:53 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

I think your beard makes you look Amish.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Sam F said...

In future you should turn your camera around and look at the reflection of the image finder so you get a picture without the camera in it.

10:02 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Are the blue jeans for minister casual Fridays?

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home