Monday, February 23, 2009

Shawn Horcoff knows my name!!

I had a great reading week. Sisters weekend was very fun. Thank you all for letting me tag along. I had a great time. I just love my aunts. Most of my friends don't think hanging out with my mom's sisters sounds like a good time, but those of them who have met you are very jealous of me. So thank you all for being so awesome.
On Tuesday I went with my friends Jovita and Jasmine to buy High School Musical 3, because that was the day it came out on DVD. Then the next day we had a HSM party. We watched all three of the movies and ate brownies that said High School Musical in M&Ms. They were delicious. We also all had name tags of characters in the movies. It was a tonne of fun.
In any normal week that party would have been the highlight, but yesterday trumped it. The Oilers had their annual autograph session at West Ed, and I went with my friend Sam. She is a huge Roloson fan, and Horcoff is my favourite,so we knew those were the two we wanted to see for sure. So we got to the mall at 9:50 and got into the Roloson line. We were about 15 or 20 people from the front of the line. It didn't actually start until 1:00, so I played solitaire for 3 hours, and won twice. I really don't know what people did before there were cards. Roloson was signing with Stortini. They were a few minutes late, but we still were through by 1:15. Stortini said he liked my jersey that I was getting signed. I guess he's a Horcoff fan too. Roli wrote "To Sam, Best Regards" on her jersey and shook her hand. Then she started to cry. She won't soon live that down.
I was pretty worried about getting my Horcoff autograph because the line for Roloson was so long. We couldn't even see the end of it from where we stood. So I was pretty much running up to Chinatown where he was signing. On the way I saw someone in an Oilers jacket that looked an awful lot like Sheldon Souray. Turns out it was him, and I was just staring with my mouth wide open. He saw me and nodded at me. I was so excited I couldn't even talk to tell Sam that he was there walking by us.
We got to the Horcoff line and it wasn't too long. Not nearly as long as Roloson's anyway, so we got through pretty quick. I was so excited to meet him. He was about to sign my jersey on the front where Roloson and Stortini had, but I wanted his on the back, so I asked him to sign it on the zero, and asked him to put my name. And he did! And then he said "Thanks Grace" and it was all very exciting. Its funny because on the the way to Edmonton there was a thing on the radio about names, and how important we think our name is. I thought that was pretty funny until I realized how excited I was that Horcoff said my name. I guess I do place a lot of importance on it after all. He also stopped to smile for my camera, which was nice because they aren't supposed to in the name of getting as many people through as possible.
Next we went over to Pisani's line. It wasn't very long at all, so we got his and Jacgues' autographs. We went and looked at Nilsson and Strudwick and I took pictures but we didn't think we had time to wait in line, so we went to see Gagner, who was with Grebeshkov. They didn't have a long line either, and we got through just before it ended. Only about 5 people after us got through. So all in all, I got 9 autographs. And there I was worrying I wouldn't even get Horcoff's. Here's some pictures:


3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Dreams do come true.

6:52 PM  
Blogger GEOFF said...

NOW GET BACK TO YOUR STUDIES
Reading week is over !

7:19 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Grace was still excited when she came over on Sunday night, and listening to her describe her adventures made me excited too.

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home