Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Almost at the Weekend

I am taking Friday off, so I can do a little cleaning before everyone arrives, and it means a 4 day weekend, which is even better. I had some people from work over last night, a couple of them are travellers, and I know when I am on the road, I find it nice when someone invites me over, instead of eating every night in a restaurant. We had a good visit, talked a little about work but mostly other topics. Jeanne is from Kansas, and Kim from Toronto.

Grace came over on Sunday night and we watched the Grammy's together. Neil Diamond performed and he sang Sweet Caroline, brought back really good memories of the houseboat (we joined in on wo, wo, wo's). Some of the pairings were a bit weird, Paul McCartney and Dave Grohl, but I mostly watch to see what people wear. Coldplay were all wearing brightly coloured army type jackets, kind of looked like they were auditioning for Sgt Peppers. And it did seem as though every third person was getting a life time achievement award.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I watched the Grammys too. I think we sang Sweet Caroline better than he did.
Dave Grohl reminds me of Animal on the Muppet Show.
You don't have to clean for us. I plan to make a mess all weekend anyway.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

I did not watch the grammy's. I don't care about messy either. I will call when I get in on Friday. I have to get a haircut also so don't know what time I will be there. Take care and see you soon. Laura Shoes Long

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home