Sunday, February 22, 2009

Exercise ball

I am sitting on one. The last owners of the house left it here. I think their dog used it to play with as there are teeth marks on it. I feel a little guilty using it, but they know they have stuff here-lawnmower-and it is 1 month and they still haven't picked it up. So I am Strengthening My Core while typing.
I read both the blog Sam mentioned and Cousin Scott's. Both are well worth reading.
I worked another shift at the homeless shelter. It has a nice feeling to it, different than other types of these places that I worked at, been in. Not sure why-there seems a general overall feeling of respect between both guests and volunteers/staff. If they can do this at a homeless shelter, shouldn't they be able to do this at the hospital?
Don't answer that question. The power imbalance is all over that one.
Richard and I have been faithfully going for walks almost everyday. He notices and I agree, that when I don't get regular exercise, I am not-so-happy. I haven't really gone running regularly for over a year(!), and even sporadically since the summer. Sweating=better brain chemicals.
Must make myself work on assignment for mental health course. Why is this taking me so long? I resist it greatly.
Plan for day 1) do assignment 2) walk to Mom's for supper.
Hey, just put a couple labels on the post-do you realize we don't have a procrastination label? I find that odd. I borrowed Anne's new word for it.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Someone at work used to sit on an exercise ball at her desk. When she wasn't on it it was rolling all over the office, getting in everyone's way.

9:39 PM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

Theresa, you always make me laugh!

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home