Monday, February 16, 2009

Everyone has gone back Home

We had a great weekend, and everyone left this morning. Friday night, Laura, Theresa and I went out for supper, at the Upper Crust, which was really yummy, they make the best sticky toffee pudding in the city (it may the only place that makes it).

Yesterday, we went to see Slumdog Millionaire, and when it started, I thought, I'm not sure what I expected, but this is not it. Then it all started to come together. Really an excellent movie. It was at the Garneau, I have not been there in ages, and they have new seats that are like sitting in a lazy boy chair. After we came home, Allison napped, Laura did some needlework, and Theresa, Grace and I watched the season opener of the Amazing Race. We went to Kai, for supper, which was crazy busy, for a Sunday night, people just kept pouring in. We had the manager as our waiter, he warned us that the kitchen was busy, and we did have to wait awhile for our food. We were not in a big hurry, and did not complain, once again niceness triumphs, the waiter slash manager, bought us dessert.

This afternoon, I am doing laundry, and just hanging out.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger GEOFF said...

It is a little un-nerving and concerns me greatly that Theresa bought more shoes than you, Judith. Is this a sign of a spreading disease??:the shoe plague maybe. She may infest our small town, and the army will need to move in to rescue the few who are left sane. Scary Scary Scary

5:09 PM  
Blogger Laura Long said...

i GOT HOME IN GOOD TIME BY 3:30. tHE ROads were clear and dry. I had the best time and enjoyed all of it. Hope the travellers got home and that you get all you laundry done, Judith. Thanks to all. LL

6:46 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Geoff, the universe is unfolding as it should.

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slumdog Millionaire has to be one of the best films I've ever seen! So glad you all enjoyed it!

What I think is a hoot is that it's being so well received in India when all it does is exploit, exploit, exploit!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home