Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Reading week is over; it seemed short. I guess Grace and I didn't get home till Monday and we took the kids back on Saturday so it really wasn't very long. We brought Grace's friend Sam too so they could go see the Oilers on Sunday.
After we dropped the kids off we went to see a show home - the one that was on the front of the Homes section of the Journal on Saturday. The house is in Highlands and has all kinds of innovations in it. It was a nice place. Not very far from Baba's. Then we just went home.
Hardly saw the kids while they were home. We would have supper together but they went out most nights and of course were not up when I went to work every day.
Mardi Gras today so we are going to the pancake supper at the church, then to a movie. We are thinking that we will go movies on cheap Tuesdays, no matter what is playing.
Did anyone watch the Oscars? I thought they were good, I liked the low budget opening number. And I'm glad Slumdog Millionaire won so many awards, even though movie snobs don't like it because it is a feel-good movie and could never happen. Right, like people could go into John Malkovich's head. Or be saved by a man wearing a bat suit. Etc.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

Well, we had a choice between Gran Torino and Pink Panther 2. We went to Gran Torino. It was good but not at all what either of us expected. Clint Eastwood actually played someone his own age. There were lots of people there our age. Geoff talked to Sam for a second, she said Grace is lying when she says Sam cried on Sunday although she admitted it was an emotional day.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Grace said...

Sam texted me giving me heck for telling dad she cried. But she really did. Honestly.

8:51 PM  
Blogger Judith said...

Grace and I watched them, we missed the opening because we were watching Amazing Race, but I really liked the best actors and actresses, with the 5 previous winners saying something about the nominee. I also thought that Jack Balck was really good. I really did not see any of the movies except for Slumdog Millionaire, so I was pretty happy that it won. I thought the best part was when the whole cast was on th stage at the end, those little boys are so darn cute.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home