Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Returned; Applied; Tidied

It's good to be home. I super enjoyed Mexico. I felt a little jumpy at times due to not doing much (Shouldn't I be accomplishing something? Appreciate, appreciate, appreciate.). But after I caught up on sleep from late-night flight home, I found that I had all this energy to unpack, putter around, clean up, tidy the house. And I'm not even dismayed by the temperatures and snow here.

My PhD application is in, and my co-supervisors really helped me a lot with it. I feel it's strong! And more importantly, I feel I could do it! I'm nerdily enough excited that I took some books out on parts of my topic so I can do some 'pre-reading.' I think Anne will appreciate this nerdiness.

I am also excited because we are showing a video project at Latitude right now (Judith and Grace, have you seen it? Want to, still?) where male sex trade workers are talking about their grandmothers -- it's about humanizing prostitutes rather than making assumptions of who they are & what led them to that work. We are going to show it in the women's prison! And, the artist is interested in maybe doing a future project with the prison, if we could organize it. So cool!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

You needed a quiet holiday. Or as quiet as things get with Lisa.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

have not been, but I would like to. I also want to give you a cheque for my Latitude membership, apprently it expired and I forgot to renew.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

I certainly do appreciate nerdiness!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home