Monday, January 05, 2009

Buenos Dias

Here we are oppressing people in Mexico! Where it is 30 C and sunny and we are at an all inclusive. But we make sure to tip well. I don't know if it is helping with our guilt.
It is lovely here. Hotel is nice-we have English TV channels so we watched E television last night and saw celebrity rehab.
We have have some delicious pina coladas and margaritas. We sit on lounge chairs, reading and watching the ocean. The flight here was fine-though some crazy couple ahead of us on the plane were on their honeymoon and thought it would be a good idea to play Yahtzee at 1130 pm, and were weirdly loud and enthusiastic about it. 'c'mon, I need a 4, think 4, YAY, I GOT A 4'
We got into our beds at 5 am and had a couple naps the next day.
Today we're going into town. Anne, if you post an address I can send you a postcard.
There is water aerobics in the pool, with Mr. Jonathon and techno music.
We are hoping that Canadians are not as obnoxious as Americans-but sadly I think we are about the same when looking at lowest common denominator. 

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger bethsivak said...

Hey Al it's Richard here. Todd left a message on facebook for you at our place. Apparently has application and first 2 pages but the final page he said you did not send. Tried to copy and paste message from our place but I don't know Lisa's user names and passwords so I don't have access to post on family blog. (he left the message today (Jan 05/09)
Thought you might want this info so am posting it from your mom's place
RW

5:30 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thanks, Richard -- I've gotten in touch with him. I appreciate your post!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

Thanks, Richard -- I've gotten in touch with him. I appreciate your post!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

You mean you can't post unless Lisa lets you?

9:02 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

Richard, do you want your own login? Because I can make that happen! :p

5:27 AM  
Blogger Judith said...

I am feeling oppressed, will you send me a tip?

8:28 AM  
Blogger bethsivak said...

while you are basking in the sun and sneering down at the underprivileged, we at home in the big K are suffereing yet more snow and this weeks promised melt looks unlikely - bah humbug! The wensink car in my carport was a big pile of snow yesterday - Richard shovelled it out as well as the drive and we went shopping - time to get off left over turkey and then he came back later and we had hamburgers and watched the very exciting jr hockey game. Think I'll stay in the house for the week and watch the birdies at the feeders - there's ice under the knee high snow and am feeling oppressed too

9:04 AM  
Blogger lisaandrichard said...

My tip for the rest of the oppressed:
Don't eat yellow snow.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home